What will the Swansea City and Waterfront Digital District project do?
- Develop a vibrant and prosperous City Centre that facilitates the growth of higher value activities and acts as a key driver for the regional economy.
- Provide quality space for new businesses to start up and to support the growth of existing businesses
How will the Swansea City and Waterfront Digital District project do this?
The Swansea City and Waterfront Digital District project will create a new City Centre Business District which will provide co-location space and support for start-up and small businesses alongside global enterprise. The project will include:
- A Digital Village and Tech Quarter providing flexible and affordable office space for new and growing technology businesses
- A digital square and arena that will provide conference facilities and major event space for tech industries and the universities, harnessing the ability to draw on 5G and internet technology.
- A Box Village and an Innovation Precinct creating incubation space and co-working areas for start-ups and small businesses at the Waterfront development, working alongside the Universities
The project forms part of a wider strategy for the development of Swansea City Centre.